Germany has enjoyed a peaceful and tolerant Sunday this July 24.
1) Reutlingen, 4.30 PM
Syrian refugee, 21, hacks PREGNANT woman to death with a machete and injures two others before hero BMW driver runs him over, in latest attack to shock Germany
A Syrian refugee wielding a machete has killed a pregnant woman and injured a man and another woman in Germany before being arrested by police after he was run over by a man driving a BMW.
The attack happened in the south western city of Reutlingen near a Doner Kebab stand in a bus station at Listplatz Square.
German media have been reporting that the motive for the attack in the city south of Stuttgart was unclear but the attacker and the 45-year-old Polish victim both worked at the same snack bar.
Pictures from the scene appear to show the knifeman lying on the ground with blood on his face after being apprehended.
Armed police officers can be seen pinning him down to the ground before binding his hands behind his back.
Meanwhile, footage filmed by passers-by also showed the bearded attacker in the moments following the rampage running around in the street while people scream ‘oh my god’.
He also banged on the windows of a Citroen car in which a 51-year-old woman suffered cuts to her arms and a 41-year-old man went into shock. The attacker also injured a 23-year-old man by slashing his face.
It is reported that a man passing the incident in a BMW car ran over the man, knocking him to the ground, before he was detained by police. A real HERO we can say.
German media reported that the killing took place outside a restaurant where the woman worked as a cleaner. The driver, who was named as Alper K., 21, is thought to be the son of the restaurant owner.
Paramedics attempted to save the woman’s life after she sustained head injuries but she died and her corpse was covered with a white sheet.
One eyewitness told German newspaper Bild: ‘The perpetrator was completely out of his mind. He ran with his machete even behind a patrol car.’
Source: Daily Mail Online
2) Ansbach, 10 PM
Germany bombing: Syrian man kills himself, injures 12, in Ansbach explosion
A 27-year-old man who had been denied asylum dies after “deliberate explosion” in southern German town.
A Syrian man killed himself and injured 12 people after a “deliberate explosion” outside a music festival in the German town of Ansbach.
Authorities said the man was a 27-year-old who had been denied asylum a year ago and had a history of making attempts on his own life.
It is believed a device he was carrying exploded although it is not clear whether it was a suicide bombing or whether the man intended to plant it and harm others.
At a media conference in the early hours of Monday the Bavarian interior minister, Joachim Herrmann, said the man had attempted to gain entrance to the Ansbach open Music Festival which was being held in the town. More than 2,000 people had been in the crowd.
Herrmann said the man was carrying a backpack at the time of the blast, at about 10pm on Sunday, but was turned away at the entrance to the festival.
The backpack contained metal items used in “wood manufacturing” and could have killed many more people, he said.
The minister said the man’s request for asylum was rejected a year ago, but he was allowed to remain in Germany on account of the situation in Syria.
At least 12 people are reported to have been injured in the blast – three of those are believed to be in a serious condition.
Shortly after the explosion, the mayor of Ansbach, a town near Nuremberg in Bavaria, said the blast had been caused deliberately. A police spokesman said: “An explosion went off in the city centre and a man, which the latest enquiries show caused it, was killed in the event.”
After the explosion the entire area was evacuated and the music festival cancelled.
Source: The Guardian